Thursday, August 30, 2012

Nail of the Day using Julep!

Hi, all!
Today I'll be blogging about my recent experience with Julep nail polish!
It will be a review, AND there is a snazzy tutorial, so read more!!!
Okay, so this is what the Julep "Rose" looks like on it's own...
This lighting makes it look a bit washed out, but it's really a bright watermelon pink!



This lighting is more accurate!
 
Pretty, huh?!?!
So here are the Pros and Cons:
Pros:
Glossy shine
Gorgeous color
Only have to use 2 coats
 
Cons:
Takes forever to dry!
Gets mushed when you touch stuff, even 4 hours after!!!
 
 
However, to remedy the extensive dry time, I saw on the Julep website a tip that makes nail polish dry much faster... and it's a life-saver, so listen up...
 
Dunking your nails in freezing cold water!
 
I got a smallish bowl after I re-did my nails, and filled it up with water and a few ice cubes. Then I sat there for like 2-3 minutes with my hands feeling like they were gonna get frostbite, but then I took them out and after I shook off the water, my nails were dry and un-squashable! Plus, the cold bath made my nails super glossy!
 
So technically, now I have no cons for this polish!!! Overall, 4 stars for the Julep polish!


Anywho, onto the nail tutorial:



 
What you'll need:
  • A basecoat and topcoat (mine is a two-for-one by LA Colors)
  • A nail polish of choice (I chose my new Julep polish in "Rose")
  • A jar of fine glitter (mine is Martha Stewart's superfine in florentine gold)
  •  
 
Step 1) Paint on a basecoat layer, let dry
Step 2) Paint on 2 thin layers of your nail color, let dry after each coat
Step 3) Paint on a layer of topcoat, on one nail only
Step 4) Pour out a little glitter onto a piece of paper. Sprinkle the glitter onto your wet topcoated nail, concentrating it at the root of your nail, and working up to the tip, getting less and less on the nail as you go up, creating the ombre fade.
Step 4) Repeat steps 3 and 4 for each of the rest of your nails, let them all dry
Step 5) Paint on one last layer of topcoat, and enjoy your glittery ombre nails!






Credit for this idea goes to Dit & O for their super cute idea! I was THIS close to buying the same exact nail color from target, but I decided I wanted to use a color I already own :)
Well, thanks for reading, and I hope you liked this review/nail tutorial!
~The Wild Chrysanthemum

No comments:

Post a Comment