Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Huge Elf haul

Hi, guys!
I recently bought a lot of stuff from e.l.f., or Eyes Lips Face. They were having a great 50% off sitewide sale, and I can't resist those! So here is everything I got!
Click on for lots more pictures and mini reviews of each item!

So I am going to list the full price of each item, I got them all for half price! The only bad part about elf is that I had to pay shipping, which was like $6, ugghh. But overall, I got a good deal! I was really hoping that they would do an 80% off sitewide sale, because it is their 8th birthday, and the previous two years did a 60% off and a 70% off sale respectively. But I don't think it's gonna happen, so I'm glad I took advantage of the 50% off sale, because that's still really cheap! By the way, I bought all these items with my own money, and I wasn't paid to talk about elf. Well, here is all the stuff I got!

This is their Studio pressed powder in sand-$3

Looks like it's too dark in the pan, but it melts and blends right into my skin...love this stuff :) Plus, the packaging looks exactly like Nars, for soooo much less money! 5 stars
Studio flawless concealer brush-$3

The brush is dense and fluffy, and it's all I ever use now for concealer...definitely give it 5 stars!

This is a new item, and my sister wants to get one, but it is out of stock so much :(

Studio blush in Tickled Pink-$3

I've heard it's a dupe for Nars Orgasm, but it's not corally enough in my opinion. 4.5 stars!

Essential bronzer in Glow-$2 It's pretty powdery, and my studio brushes don't pick up the color very well. 3.5 stars

Essential cover everything concealer-$2 I LOVE THIS STUFF! I got it in light, and I'm pasty, so it looked a little dark for me, but don't let that scare you, just try it! It works sooo well, and it doesn't look too dark on my skin! Buy this one, 5 stars!

Studio endless eyes pro 100-pc palette-$10

There are tons of pretty colors in this one, and it's sooo fun to play around with!

I've already done so many colorful looks with this palette...I'll do a blog post on them very soon!

Most of the shades are pretty pigmented, but some can get a little chunky or powdery... it just depends on each shade. But overall, 4.5 stars!

Studio baked eyeshadow in enchanted-$3 I love the color, but hardly any comes off onto my studio OR essential brushes. I have to use a sponge tip applicator, and that works. It's just a little annoying to deal with, but it's very pretty on. 3.5 stars.

Essential brightening eye color in teal dream-$1 Very pretty colors, a little powdery, but overall a good purchase. 4 stars.

Essential brightening eye color in drama-$1 Nice pigmentation, but the colors look a little weird on me. Probably because I have pale skin, but it would look great on others! 3 stars for me.

Essential brightening eye color in silver lining-$1 Very pretty purple palette, I haven't tried every color in it, but so far, I like it a lot! 4.5 stars!

Studio eyebrow lifter and filler in medium/ivory-$3

This is the lift side, pretty good, but it comes off very easily, so I look like I have very drawn-on brows

The lift side...works pretty well, blends to a nice finish. Overall, I give this brow pencil 3.5 stars.

Studio angled eyeliner brush-$3

I love the angle they put on the tip, it's perfect for when I want to use a darker shadow wet and it gives me great results for that. 5 stars!

Studio retractable lip brush-$3

This is when it is fully extended. I like this brush so that I don't have to get my fingers all sticky when I want a gloss that comes in a pot, and I give this 4.5 stars, because the bristles are a little small; there's not enough there to grab product.

Mineral eyeliner in black-$3

It has nice sleek black packaging, but for whatever reason, it feels a little cheap to me. Like the plastic is flimsy...

It has a nice pointed tip, however, but I haven't used it yet, so I can't really talk about the pigmentation. 4.5 stars

Essential shimmer eyeliner pencil in gunmetal-$1

I love how these pencils come with a sharpener cap! They are smooth, and the glitter isn't chunky. This is a pretty pewter. 5 stars

Essential shimmer eyeliner pencil in iconic ivory-$1

Again. very nice consistency! This shimmery pearly white looks AWESOME on the inner corners of my eyes! 5 stars!

Essential waterproof eyeliner pen in coffee-$1

I haven't had a brown eyeliner in forever, and I figured I'd try this one. Nice pigmentation, it's a great basic liner I want to have around. 4.5 stars!

Essential liquid eyeliner in copper-$1

It's a clear base with gold glitter. I have the white glitter one (stardust), but when I swatched this one on the back of my hand, it burned/tingled. Don't know why, and I haven't had it on my eyes, but it looks pretty at least! 3 stars because liner shoudn't burn!

Studio mineral infused mascara-$3

I bought this one because it has a rubbery brush, but I haven't used it because I only use one mascara at a time. So far, 4.5 stars!

Essential eyeshadow brush-$1

Sorry it looks weird, I used it already on a very shimmery shadow! I have one of these, but the ferrule came off the handle, so I got another. 4.5 stars :)

Essential individual lash kit-$1 I hate the glue with this, and I had to trim the lashes, so it's not something I'm gonna repurchase. 2.5 stars

Essential shimmer lip gloss in inspire-$2

It really isn't as shimmery as I thought it would be, but it is nice and shiny! I also think this color is perfect for me. 4.5 stars!

Essential luscious liquid lipstick in baby lips-$1

I love these glosses! They really aren't very lipstick-y, they really are just a more pigmented gloss, but that's ok with me! This color is a very pretty light pink. 5 stars!


Essential luscious liquid lipstick in perfect pink-$1

Also a nice medium-toned pink. I'm all about the pinks! Very similar in color to the $2 shimmer lip gloss. 5 stars :)

Essential luscious liquid lipstick in pink lemonade-$1

This is darker in person than it is online, but it's still a pretty gloss. A darkish mauvy pink. 4.5 stars!


Well, that's it for all my new elf stuff! I have a lot of fun with their products, and most of it is priced between $1-$3, with a few items over that, like palettes and some other stuff. I really recommend their products, and I think they are awesome quality for what you pay for! Thanks for putting up with my picture-happy posts! Have a stupendous day!!!
~The Wild Chrysanthemum


No comments:

Post a Comment