Sunday, June 17, 2012

Zebra Nails

My first tutorial! And it is for a zebra nail look! Yahoo! Here's the finished product!

Read on if you want to learn how to do it!

Things you need to create this look:
  • White nail polish (mine is NYC's In A New York Color Minute in "Little Italy")
  • Kiss Nail Artist Pen (mine came in a two-pack, one was white, one was black)
  • Clear topcoat (mine's LA Colors basecoat/topcoat)

Step 1) Paint nails with white polish and let dry. I did two coats. Tip: to have a smoother finish, use basecoat...but I didn't and it turned out great anyway :)
My white nails :)

Step 2) Take the black nail art pen and draw a zebra pattern on your nails and let dry (For reference you can print out a zebra pattern from Google Images). I always get a little of the black on the sides of my nailbeds, but that's okay, just use a Q-tip with nail polish remover on it to clean it up a bit.
See? Extra junk around the edges... nobody's perfect!

Step 3) Cover your masterpiece with a clear topcoat, let dry, and you're done!
Nice and clean and shiny!

Hope you liked this nail tutorial! I think if I had to rate this on a level of 1 to 5, with 5 being the hardest, I'd rate it at a 2. It's pretty easy once you learn how to do a good zebra pattern... you can practice this on a tissue until you like how they turn out.
Until next time!
~The Wild Chrysanthemum

No comments:

Post a Comment