Saturday, September 8, 2012

Maybelline Dream Bouncy Blush review





I had been eyeing Maybelline's bouncy blushes for a while now, and when I got a coupon, I went straight to Target for some bouncy blush satisfaction! I have had one of these bouncy blushes for a little while now, probably a few weeks. It has given me a chance to really use it and form an opinion on it. I bought it in the color "rose petal", which is perfect for me.
Wanna know more?

 

 
This is a very fun product! It really does bounce! But you can't squish it too much, because it doesn't come back up very easily...
 
It is more round when you first buy it, but as you know, I've had it for a few weeks :)


It seems like everyone on the internet applies it the same way: rubbing their fingers in it then onto their cheeks. And they complain that there's no color payoff. Well, I am here to fix that!
All you have to do is simply put the compact directly onto your cheeks and press it into the skin as you rub it outwards and up.
 
It gives me that perfect rosy glow.

Squishy!!!

 
My Full Review:
 
Why I bought it: It simply looked like sooo much fun to play with! Plus, I had a $1 off coupon... ;)
 
What it claims: Feels lightweight like a powder, yet melts into skin like a cream.
 
Price I got it for and where: Target for $5.44 (before tax) because I had the coupon
 
Value for the money: 3.5 stars for the price I got it for, and 3 stars for full price. There isn't that much product there (.19 oz), and it disappears because it is so bouncy. But the value of happiness it brings me is 5 stars, if that makes any sense!
 
Quality: The claim about the feel of the product is very accurate. It feels very light on my skin, and it takes very little blending because it blends around and down into the skin like butter. The texture is sooo soft! When you look in the mirror, it gives you a nice rosy glow, and doesn't look heavy at all. It feels like a powder once blended.
 
Pros:
  • Nice color range, like 10-12 colors on the shelves
  • Lovely texture (dreamy, one might say, harharhar)
  • Bouncy in the pan
  • Lightweight
  • Blends very easily
  • Good color payoff when I use the straight-onto-the-cheeks technique
  • Rose Petal is perfect for fair-skinned ladies
  • Makes me so happy!
Cons:
  • Not much product
  • Seemingly disappears because of bounce
Would I repurchase/recommend: Yes! If you are on a very tight budget, I probably would just tell you to go buy a cheaper e.l.f. blush, but for anyone else, I would say to just get it. It is one of the most fun pieces of makeup I own and I use it almost every day!
 
 
Until next time!
~The Wild Chrysanthemum

No comments:

Post a Comment