Monday, April 15, 2013

Elf Jumbo Eyeshadow Pencil Review

Hey, guys! I know it's been a while, but this past quarter ate me up alive! I literally was spending 7 hours each night on one class's homework!!! NO joke, the professor was cray-zee!
Anyway, I know it's been a while, but I decided to do my first back-to-blogging post as a review.

A little while ago, I received 6 of Elf's Jumbo Eyeshadow Pencils in my package. I LOOOVE Elf, if you didn't already know. But these pencils are pretty great too.

My Full Review:


Why I bought it: I have NYX jumbo eye pencils, and I wanted to try this version because they're less money.
 
What it claims: "This creamy and pigment rich Jumbo Eyeshadow Stick is perfect for creating a natural or smoky eyeshadow look. Infused with nourishing Vitamin E to condition the delicate eye area. The twist up component and smooth glide formula is easy to use for on-the-go beauty. All colors, except Like A Boss, have a shimmer finish."

 

Value for the money: 4 stars because it is a great base color, and they are all very buildable. There is not that much in the tubes, though...like .11 oz. BUT they do scroll. Huge plus. And that makes them go a lot farther, because you don't need to sharpen them.

Quality: The claim about the texture of the product is very accurate. When I put it on, the stick is a little hard, but not too bad. It's better than being excessively mushy/never setting. Some colors do have chunky glitter, be forewarned! If you like that, by all means, go for it, but I'm not on that boat (the second grader/scene girl glitter eyeshadow). Sorry, not sorry. :)



 

Pros:

  • Nice color range, consisting of 10 different shades
  • Blends very easily
  • Buildable colors
  • Good color payoff
  • Not greasy like many cream eyeshadows
  • They act as a grrreat base!
  • IT SCROLLS UP FOLKS!

Cons:

  • Not much product
  • Chunky glitter in some of them
  • A wee bit hard
 
COLORS
 
Midnight Rendezvous- A basic shimmery black
 



 
 
Check Me Out- Shimmery grape
 



 
Feeling Lucky- Shimmery dark chocolate brown
 



 
 
Turkish Coffee- Shimmery warm medium brown
 
 

 

Little Miss Thing- Shimmery peachy-tan
 
 


 
French Lace- Glittery light pink









SWATCHES






Would I repurchase/recommend: Yes! If you are on a very tight budget, this product is great! I might say I love the NYX pencils a little more, but these are still fantastic for makeup lovers of all skill levels because they are easy to use. Just swipe a couple colors on your eye, maybe set it with some powder shadow, and you're good to go!

 


TTFN, ta-ta for now!

~The Wild Chrysanthemum

2 comments:

  1. I was looking at these the other day! NYX is hard to get hold of over here, so I like to find alternatives. Anyway, I replied your comment on my blog :) Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're not quite as good as NYX, but they're a great alternative!

    ReplyDelete